torsdag 20 juli 2017

Lords of War 2 - Lund

I went to what was probably the last Warhammer 40K 7th edition tournament in Sweden, on the same day that 8th edition was released.
I haven't played 40K since 3rd edition was introduced, & I didn't go there to participate in any gaming, but instead to enter what would be my first painting competition in 16 years.

I entered 2 categories with the following models:


 
I managed pretty well, placing second in both categories, which gave me 2 brushes & 2 gift certificates in the local hobby shop.
So why write this post, just to brag? No, while I am proud of my placements I really wanted to write this because of how well the tournament was organized & how friendly the community was, despite it being a tournament people seemed to have a nice time, laughing, chatting etc etc.
The feeling in the room was the same as some of the first tournaments I played in, & for that the people over at https://scattereddice.wordpress.com/ should get big credits.
 
I will end this post by showing you some pics of the great looking armies & models people used:
 
 Even Stormcast can look good!
Lovely banner!




 This was my favorite army.
 




 



 

Lovely Eldar army which won best painted.
 

This great daemonprince just screams Hellraiser to me!

Nurgle goodness

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar