fredag 16 juni 2017

Pantheon of Chaos

Diego Serrate. Write down that name somewhere if you're into GW's old style. Diego is currently funding a second kickstarter pantheon-of-chaos-chapter-two.
I backed the first kick-starter & received some lovely models:

From left to right: Warrior, Hobgoblin, 2.nd warrior, a third warrior, Arnak the beastman, familiar & Gorgrat the Chaos champion.
 
So the first kickstarter was a huge success.  As you can see, I went only for a few of the available minis, mostly for the mortal Chaos followers. I was always more into the dark brooding Chaos warriors rather than the mutants, daemons or beastmen, I just like the unknown evil more (kind of like Jason Voorhees over Freddy Krueger). I received some very characterful sculpts, my favorite is this one:
Konrad
I can't wait to get it painted! Now that the second kickstarter is a go I just felt that I had to write about these models, are they any good? 
With old school GW stalwarts such as Tony Ackland, Kev Adams and Tim Prow sculpting these models, the results were enough to make a seasoned Citadel collector start drooling after something new. This is imo an excellent set of models that will blend in perfectly with any collection of old school fantasy from the 1980's or 90's. Special mention must be made of the beastmen as an attempt has been made to produce something different from the goathead archetype, while I'm not into beastmen all that much, one really has to appreciate this.
 
 
 
The new stuff looks promising & I've pledged 9 euro myself for the Khalass Champion, I will probably add more to this pledge before the shipping start, I really like the PTW 11 warrior as well as some of the new Chaos Dwarves.


2 kommentarer: